Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Joy and Loss

I now know three people that are pregnant.  One of my close friends had told me an old wives tale. .three pregnancies always end in trouble.

Two of them are due in December.  The third was a molar pregnancy that ended recently unfortunately.

I am happy for my friend a who isn't sure she is ready to be a mother.  This is her second chance at motherhood and she is taking her pregnancy one day at a time.

My friend m, was overjoyed and I blogged me reaction earlier in human nature.  I am happy for her but done things she said did rub me the wrong way.  Shew is familiar with my own journey riddled with obstacles.

Until I found about my friend N's loss I didn't even know she and get husband wanted kids.  I want to be there for her, share my own journey, my own loss, discuss the grief.  However I know she isn't ready and may never be ready.

I never know why Indian culture puts such a taboo on discussing our losses. Why do you Indian women feel reassigned to suffer alone in silence.  If we only talked about it we would know  miscarraiges ate now common then we think and chances are someone else in the room had them.

Until the bew Indian wife talked about her trips to the fertility dr, I his that In shame too thinking I was alone in that.  Why?

Hopefully my myomectomy can be done  laprascopically and I will be ready in a few months to try and journey again. I will be ready to try and become a mother again and hope that the burden of my journey doesn't cause me to smother my future child with undue expectations

No comments:

Post a Comment